Friday, August 24, 2012

Chapter 19 Celebrate your Journey



Chapter 19

             By now, you all know . . .

 that Floyd insists that I continue to 
share my "gallery of photos"
 with our readers . . . and we hope you enjoy them
as much as we do . . . 

footnote:  floyd asked me to include some photos from previous chapters


Mid - February 2005, I returned from my second retirement from an extended cross-country tour visiting my east coast family, to accept a job offer in the east bay area of San Francisco.  I bought a 1966 33’ Fairliner, and named her “Fresno Rose”, to meet my live-aboard needs. She & I lived just southeast of Isleton on the Mokelumne River.

                                
 The “Fresno Rose”, was also my floating art studio.    
                                                                                                    
While living aboard the “Fresno Rose”,



I wrote my first book

“Letters of Intimacy & Devotion . . . In The Rose Garden”

"Click on the Title of my book to preview"


that winter, but it was not published until 2009.





I also took many photos 

while living on my "Fresno Rose",

 Floyd asked that I share with our readers

  a "short"  Photo Essay of . . .

 The Story of Joe & Floyd . . .


Before


 Joe & Floyd was a Story
















































Floyd  & I have not taken many photos lately . . .

 as we have chosen to, just, enjoy our slow weekly motoring

 along Delta Sloughs and taking breaks to chat with family.  

Many of you may recall,


 that Floyd & I have revised our initial plan to navigate the

 Delta waterways from a single event, 

to a journey that may take

 several seasons to complete. 

The reason, is because the intent was not to measure miles . . . 

but rather to create our own "Huck Finn & Tom Sawyer" 

memories on the Sacramento Delta . . . 

and . . . 

share the importance of living in the present.


Together we can find a Cure”

“None of us can escape our mortality . . .                                                                     
  but we all can add value to our life, by celebrating our journey with friends and family.”


So until a cure is found,


Celebrate your journey


 with friends and family.


Post Script:

 Please do not download my photos or chapters without my permission.


Til’ we chat again, 

Floyd & Joe

www.visualartbyjoseph.com

No comments:

Post a Comment