Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Chapter 17 Striper Fish’n on the Delta



Chapter 17

Striper Fish’n on the Delta





My Delta friend, Bob Ladiges, invited me to “accompany him “Striper Fish’n" . . . . 

we left just as the morning sun was rising on the distant horizon. 

Floyd was O.K with staying at her berth, that morning.          

 I could not fish that day, as I did not have a license to fish. 

 I was just happy that Bob invited me to tag along . . . 

I brought my camera along to “catch” some photos of our outing.






I met Bob & his wife, Toni, in the summer of 2009. 

Bob is a native to the Sacramento Delta area and he has been motoring
 and fishing the Delta for stripers for over 60 years. 

In the short time that I have had the pleasure to know and consider him a dear friend, he has offered me considerable advice regarding the less traveled paths of the delta.

Shortly after we left Perry's Boat Harbor, we headed north and then turned eastern on the Mokelumne River, heading towards Tower Park Marina . . .



Bob positioned his line & had his tools ready . . .
 to begin trollin' for Stripers.



Bob was not trollin’ for long  . . .


When he caught n’ released the first Striper of the day . . . 

Fish’n is not about talk’n either . . . 

so we quietly enjoyed the view . . .



After awhile, Bob came about n’ worked his way

 back the way we came 

and then changed course up the Georgiana Slough, 




where he caught n’ released the second catch of the day.




Bob  released the last of two stripers  . . . 

caught that morning . . . 



And then we returned back . . . 

to tell Floyd about our fish’n tales . . .


Til’ we chat again, 

Floyd & Joe 

Post Script:

Thank you Bob for a gr8 morning on the delta

No comments:

Post a Comment