Début for Floyd & Joe
- A solo sailing package for the main and jib sails so that I could raise and lower the sails from the cockpit,
- Modifications to raise and lower the keel from the cockpit without having to go into the cabin,
- Shore AC and Solar/DC power capabilities that also charges both batteries, with several DC power connections in the cockpit and AC/DC connections in the cabin,
- An upgraded 4 hp. Outboard with a 3 ½ external gas take to provide up to 9 hours of running time,
- The Custom-made 9’ oars were ordered and oarlocks the temporarily mounted mid-ship, ( Ken had 8’ oars available for testing for April 21st)
- The Bimini, still needs to be installed,
- A Compass and Depth Gauge with a Keel/Off Set Alarm,
- I need to know how to tie knots, especially a bowline and stopper knot,
- I needed to get a better feel of the tiller when entering or leaving a dock,
- Remember to give more throttle to the outboard to control direction, and
- Lastly, to remember that Ken and she is always ready to assist me.
- At the day’s
end, we navigated to Ken’s live-aboard, the “Compass Rose”. Floyd and I were berthed close by.
Floyd & Joe